What to Expect This Year
The It's Time Texas Community Challenge is back for 2022! The 2022 Challenge will run from January 3rd through February 27th, 2022.
Just like last year, you'll use the Community Challenge app to log healthy activities, set and achieve new healthy goals, find socially distanced events in your area and chances to win even more prizes, all in one place.
How to Register
Your commitment to your health and building a healthier community begins when you join the 2022 Community Challenge - for free.
You will receive 500 points for registering, plus an additional 250 points if you register before January 3, 2022. Points will be delivered once you download the Community Challenge App.
Just like the previously years, this option is free and open to everyone!
On the form you can select if you want to contribute points to your employer, school district, or even create a team of your own!
Click here to register today!
Keep up with the latest Challenge updates
How to Participate
The Community Challenge offers a variety of ways for you to compete and connect throughout the eight-weeks. In addition to representing your community, which all participants will do, we have two sub-challenges that run alongside the normal, community-focused competition. These sub-challenges give you the chance to also contribute the points you earn through healthy activities to your school district and employer!
Everyone who signs up for the Community Challenge chooses the community they'd like to represent. Then, beginning January 3rd, 2022 you'll earn points for the healthy actions you take and log through the Community Challenge app.
Help your community get a head start by signing up to participate today!
School District Sub-Challenge!
Each year, Community Challenge hosts a School District Sub-Challenge. Participating Schools and School Districts engage in a friendly competition to see who can earn the most points from healthy activities.
How it Works
- Individuals interested in earning points to help their school win can opt-in to the School District Sub-Challenge during registration
- When you sign up to participate in the School District Sub-Challenge, the points you earn by completing and submitting healthy activities will go towards the school district and school you select to represent when you register
- The School Districts with the most points will be the winners for their size category
The Community Challenge Employer Sub-Challenge is an opportunity for employers to a build healthier culture for their workforce, while engaging in a friendly competition against other employers. Enrollment is limited to individuals who work for Employers that have signed up for the Employer Sub-Challenge.
How it Works
- Employers who are interested in joining the Employer Sub-Challenge can email Sam Gervase for additional information.
- Before Employees can register as part of the team, the Employer must sign on to participate
- Employers must register by January 4, 2022 to compete in the 2022 Community Challenge.
A New Way to Show Your Support
Do you love the Community Challenge and see how health and wellness can make a difference in all lives? Do you love helping others achieve what you have? Do you imagine a Texas full of happy and healthy Texans?
As a state, we are not as healthy as we should or could be and some Texans are unfairly disadvantaged due to elements outside their control. Making a donation in honor of It’s Time Texas helps to address the root causes of poor health and make healthy choices possible and practical for all. Your vision….our vision is worth fighting for.